After using the toilet, you flush it using the handle and then all of the waste goes to the pipe and eventually into the septic tank. So to keep your septic tank free of any damage, you have to use everything that goes well with it. You have to choose the best toilet paper for septic from all the toilet paper available in the market.
You should be mindful of what you are flushing into your toilet. If you are using low-quality toilet paper, then it will not dissolve with water easily. Rather, it will keep accumulating in the septic tank. Thus, it will threaten it, causing potential damage and you will have to go through so many difficulties to resolve this issue.
A good-quality biodegradable toilet paper will save you from the hassle and potential damage to your toilet.
Here Is The List of The Top 7 Best Toilet Paper for Septic Systems
You should not pick any random toilet paper to use in your bathroom. You have to have the proper knowledge to buy the best toilet paper septic tank to avoid any unexpected difficulties later. So I have picked 7 toilet paper brands that are worth a try from your side for sure;
- Charmin ultra strong toilet paper
- Charmin Ultra Soft Cushiony toilet paper
- Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper
- Mega Roll Toilet Paper
- Scott Comfort Plus Toilet Paper
- Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper
- Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care Toilet Paper
Note: If you are in a hurry, and need to grab a product right away, this section is just for you!
Now I can jump right into the detailed review of all the toilet paper brands. Keep reading to see more products and learn more about them.
Charmin’s ultra-strong clean touch toilet is one of the perfect toilet paper available in the market. You should definitely be considering this toilet paper while buying it. Charmin’s ultra-strong family mega roll is a significantly long-lasting mega roll. It equals 5+ regular rolls for a very reasonable value.
It has a very distinctive clean touch which makes it possible to clean better than the leading and the more pricey brands. It has a very lucrative texture and a very high absorbing ability. It will require a lot less toilet paper while using the rest of the leading pricey brands of toilet paper. It has a 2-ply feature, and it is completely toilet paper septic safe. So you can use it without much tension.
- Charmin ultra strong family mega roll provides great value with more quantity.
- The price that it offers is very reasonable
- It requires less toilet paper to get the job done.
- It has a unique clean touch that ensures a cleaner outcome
- Charmin ultra strong family mega roll has a very high absorbing ability
- It has a washcloth-like texture.
- This toilet paper is septic-safe.
- The rolls are way bigger than the standard-sized roll holder.
Charmin ultra soft family mega roll is a very big-sized toilet paper just like other offerings from this brand. Charmin ultra soft family mega roll is a very long-lasting one that equals multiple regular rolls that are available in the market at a very decent price.
This toilet paper comes with a very distinctive cushiony touch, which makes it so comfortable that it becomes very hard to resist. So naturally, it won’t be hard on your skin and cause you any rashes. Furthermore, it has a super 2x absorption ability. So it lets you use less compared with all the leading toilet paper brands available in the market.
Charmin ultra soft family mega roll has 2-ply. It makes it longer lasting. So there is no chance of disturbance later. You will be able to enjoy your bathroom experience significantly by having Charmin Ultra Soft Cushiony Touch Toilet Paper to use.
- Charmin ultra soft family mega roll has 2-ply.
- Charmin ultra soft family mega roll is a big-sized toilet paper compared to other toilet papers.
- It is really very soft toilet paper
- You will need less paper.
- Superb absorption ability.
- It is also septic-safe toilet paper.
- The roll has a very large size that doesn’t fit with most of the roll holders
Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is very gentle and nice to your skin. This bathroom tissue is specially made for use in RVs, boats, buses, and other applications like these. This is one of the most suitable toilet paper available and it is perfectly suited for your motor home. On top of that, this toilet paper is very much friendly to the environment.
This Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper is a rapidly dissolving toilet paper tissue that breaks down four times faster than the other leading well-known toilet paper brands. This toilet paper is a clog-clinic tested. So there is no possibility of getting clogged in the toilet.
All the materials that are being used for this are responsibly chosen, so it keeps the septic tank of the RV and your home very safe. This toilet paper is also very friendly to the environment for the elements that are being used. Moreover, the best toilet tissue for a septic tank is very soft and absorbent. So it can serve your skin pretty well without any doubt.
If you are on the go, you will need toilet paper for sure. So choose a toilet paper that will not cause any plumbing problems to your RV. So in such a case, Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper can definitely serve your purpose.
- It is an RV septic tank and sewer safe.
- It is very much friendly for the skin and absorbent.
- It is FSC-certified.
- It breaks down four times faster.
- It is perfect for use on the go.
- Some users may find it overpriced.
Presto! Ultra-Strong Toilet Paper is something that you must consider when going to buy toilet paper from the market. This toilet paper comes with some features that you can not simply ignore. Presto! Ultra-Strong Toilet Paper is very soft, so it is gentle to your sensitive skin. It offers the softness and the needed strength that you expect.
This strength will keep you comfortable while using it. This toilet tissue is stronger than the rest of the toilet 100 leading brands of toilet tissues by almost 80%. Each of the mega rolls that it brings with it stays 4x longer than a regular toilet paper roll. So you can expect to buy a lot of lesser toilet paper for future use.
It is a 2-ply toilet paper which means it has two sheets of toilet paper so it is very firm. You can have better results by using it. It is made of substances from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources. The amazing part is if you are running short of this, then you can order it through Alexa by just saying, “Alexa, order Presto! toilet paper”
- It includes 24 mega rolls.
- It is 2-ply toilet paper.
- It is almost 80% stronger and thicker.
- It is a septic-safe bath tissue.
- This is longer-lasting toilet paper.
- It is well-suited for small-sized toilet paper holders.
- Some may find it not so soft.
Scott ComfortPlus Toilet Paper ensures your everyday comfort with all the extra convenient features it brings with it. This tissue is designed in a way that will take good care of your skin, keep you comfortable, and add a little extra value.
Scott ComfortPlus Toilet Paper comes from a very trusted brand. It has very thick toilet paper that is enough to ensure the comfort and cleanliness of your skin. Scott ComfortPlus Toilet Paper is properly tested for strength and it is perfectly designed that surely provide comfort.
It comes with a 1-ply sheet which means the sheet has only 1 layer. It is made without the use of any sort of chlorine. So it is not harmful to the environment during production or while using it. This toilet paper doesn’t come with a cardboard roll.
- It is super strong from the rest of the toilet paper.
- Scott ComfortPlus is designed to ensure comfort to the users.
- It is a 1-ply toilet paper that makes it possible to do amazing cleaning.
- It is septic and sewer-safe. So there is no tension regarding it.
- It is unscented, so no use of chemicals.
- It is chlorine-free.
- Some users may find it very light and thin.
Quilted Northern Ultra Plush toilet paper is the thickest and softest toilet paper around. It has a very cushiony touch, so you will not feel awkward or irritated while using it on your skin.
It is very much absorbent as well, which makes it possible for it to do a proper cleaning. Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper is made from 3 silky soft layer that is able to pamper you with ultimate comfort.
Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper is 3x thicker and absorbent from most of the leading brands. All the rolls have 319 silky soft 3-ply sheets. All the sheets have the signature texture design of this brand.
The big-sized roll comes with the feature that it doesn’t let you change the roll regularly like any normal roll. The role perfectly fits with most of the roll holders. This biodegradable toilet paper is safe to use in any septic or sewer system.
- This toilet paper is septic and sewer-safe.
- It is 3-ply toilet paper that has a silky soft layer.
- It ensures 3x comfort and absorbing ability.
- The roll size is very big.
- It has a luxurious embossed texture.
- It has a cushiony touch that is very soft and gentle to your skin.
- Difficult for the toilet paper roll to fit in a standard toilet paper holder.
You can take a little bit of technology in your bathroom with Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare Toilet Paper. It has a CleanRipple Texture that removes more stains. This toilet paper also brings safe flush technology that ensures each sheet of paper is absolutely sewer and septic-safe. So there are no difficulties later.
This Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare Toilet Paper ensures cleanliness for your family and offers the ultimate cushiony comfort to your skin.
You will also have a fresh feeling after using flushable wipes and cleansing clothes from the same maker. You will be very much satisfied by using this Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare Toilet Paper and flushable cleansing clothes together.
Unlike so many toilet papers around the market Cottonelle, Ultra ComfortCare toilet paper is both soft and strong at the same time. It is septic and sewer-safe. So it will not expose you to any trouble later.
The softness of this product of this brand can add luxury to your daily life. It is also very absorbent considering so many leading brands.
- This toilet paper is septic and sewer-safe.
- This Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare Toilet Paper is a perfect combo of both soft and strong.
- It is very absorbent.
- It ensures cushiony comfort to your skin.
- It is a big roll of toilet paper having 2-ply.
- The eco-friendly toilet paper roll fits with the standard roll holder size.
- It has poor dissolvability.
Different Types of Toilet Paper
The toilet paper industry is a very booming industry considering the demand it has in the market. There are so many companies that are producing different types of toilet paper and researching, even more, to provide more upgraded products to the consumers.
Competition in the industry is huge and people are trying all the time to serve the consumers with a variety of offerings of toilet paper to stand out from the rest. These are some of the significant types of toilet paper that are available in the market;
Luxury Toilet Paper
Luxury toilet paper is totally different from the rest of toilet paper. What makes it different is that it comes with some luxury variations like it can be perfumed, lotioned, and scented.
Bamboo Toilet Paper
These toilet papers are made mostly from bamboo and sugarcane. If you want to use eco-friendly toilet paper, then this is the one.
Recycled Toilet Paper
Recycled toilet paper saves energy and saves the tree significantly. However, the smoothness and texture may not be appealing to some users.
Brown Toilet Paper
This is an unbleached toilet paper very recent addition to all toilet paper range. The color is normally brown.
Colored Toilet Paper
These colored toilet papers come in different colors that make the toilet paper better to look at.
1-Ply Toilet Paper:
This is only a single layer of toilet paper. Here ply refers to as a layer.
2-Ply Toilet Paper
This is a double layer of toilet paper.
3-Ply Toilet Paper
This toilet paper has three layers of sheets.
How to Use Toilet Paper?
There are so many ways of using toilet paper. These ways will depend a lot on the place you belong to. Generally, western and Eastern people have different ways of using toilet paper whenever they are inside the toilet. Eastern people use water to ensure their personal hygiene, so they use it in a completely different way.
However, by blending both ways here are the ways of to use toilet paper to maintain cleanliness:
- This process requires you to be seated the entire time. So take a decent amount of tissues from the hanging roll and reach behind your butt and start wiping it with the tissue, holding it with your hand. You will do it with very gentle pressure. Keep on repeating the process until the residue is gone.
- In this second step, again take some toilet paper that seems appropriate to you. But this time will be less than the former one. Keep repeating the process mentioned earlier, but the pressure will be more from the former one. Continue doing so until the residue decreases to a very small amount.
- In this stage, you will take even less toilet paper. One folded square of toilet paper is enough at this stage. Repeat the same process as the former one in here, but you have to keep doing this with a significant amount of pressure. You have to keep doing it until there is no residue left behind your butt.
- Though this step is ignored by so many, I think ensuring absolute cleanliness is a must. Here you wipe some tissue paper and continue doing the former procedure. This will make sure there is no stain left on your skin.
- In this final step, you have to flush out your toilet, adjust your clothes, and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
So these are the basic ways of using toilet paper.
Things to Consider Before Buying Toilet Paper for Septic
There are a few things to consider before buying toilet paper for septic tanks. As already told earlier, if toilet paper accumulates in the septic tank, it can seriously damage it. So you have to choose the toilet paper crucially considering these things;
Dissolve into Water:
You have to consider if the toilet paper gets dissolved into water easily. If it gets dissolved easily, then this is the one you should choose. It will not create any blockage.
You have to make sure the toilet paper that you are going to use is chlorine-free.
The softer toilet paper is the more easily it will dissolve into water.
You have to check out the strength toilet paper brings to the table.
You will have to find out the absorbing capacity of toilet paper. The more it can absorb the water or other things the better it is.
Septic-safe toilet paper:
You have to check if there is a septic-safe toilet paper mark on the packaging of the toilet paper. This marking in the packaging indicates that this toilet paper will not harm your septic tank in any way. It will also mean that this toilet paper will dissolve into the water pretty easily. So these things must be considered before buying any toilet paper to make it septic-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Is there any substitute for the Best Toilet Paper?
Yes, there is. You can use facial tissue paper, but it has the chance of clogging your toilet, so it would be much better if you choose to use toilet paper instead.
But just like the Indians and people from the Middle East, you can choose to use your hand and wash it away with water. It totally depends a lot on your preference, actually.
What is the difference between Toilet Paper vs. tissue Paper?
These are both actual tissue papers, but there are some differences. Toilet paper mostly comes in a roll whereas tissue paper comes in a box or bag. Tissue papers are made in a way that is used as your facial tissue, but toilet paper is made to be used in the toilet to maintain personal cleanliness. The toilet paper is thinner as it gets dissolved into the water very quickly.
What is the best toilet paper for septic systems?
It depends. It helps to know what type of system you have. If it’s a leach field or enteric drain treatment system, then cotton (or at least 100% post-consumer recycled paper) is best because it offers very low blockage risks.
If your septic system has an aerobic treatment tank, then any kind of wet wipes are potentially dangerous because they can cause clogging – both from too many wipes being used and from moisture getting through the wrap.
What is the best toilet paper for septic tanks?
It’s best to use toilet paper that is septic-friendly. Here are some examples of TP brands that are safe for your septic tank: Charmin toilet paper, Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong, Dove Double Defense Paper, Depend Regular, or Extra Protection. You can also try a bidet and yoga pants!
Is Vogue toilet paper septic safe?
Vogue is a high-quality toilet paper that is septic-safe. This product uses the latest in toilet paper technology, delivering maximum comfort at optimum permeability for users of all levels of sensitivity. When Vogue is flushed down the sewer system, it may cause blockages due to its larger size.
Which toilet paper is best for septic systems?
The toilet paper that is best for a septic system is the one with at least a 2-ply thickness. Toilet tissues are composed of three layers – the soft inner sheet, the middle outer sheet, and a hard, durable outer layer. While it’s true that all types eventually disintegrate when exposed to water, only bath tissue made up of 3 sheets has enough strength to go through pipes with ease.
The Septic system is very important for the toilet. If it gets clogged in any way, it will cost you a fortune. But most importantly, your bathroom will become unusable and that is very scary for someone. So, to avoid such incidents, you will have to pick them up in the market. They say prevention is always better than the cure.
In this case, also just being a little bit conscious from the beginning, you can ensure your septic system is safe from any unusual occurrence. So, while choosing the best toilet paper for septics for your day-to-day use, pick it up very consciously so that you don’t have to regret it later.