Almost all the companies that make steel dish racks claim their products to be rustproof. However, many of these racks will eventually lose their shine to rust. That’s because most of them are built from low-quality steel with cheap plastic coating to cut costs. So they are more prone to rust and don’t last long.
With thousands of available products, it’s quite easy to spend big on the wrong choice and then regret it later. So knowing what you are buying is very important. In this article, we’ll review and compare what we think are the best rustproof dish drying racks in the market.
Top Best Rustproof Dish Drying Racks Reviews 2022
1. OXO Good Grips Rustproof Aluminum Dish Rack
If you worry about rust but want to have that metal shine in your kitchen, you may want to consider aluminum racks. Aluminum never rusts, so these racks are completely rustproof. And no other company can make stylish aluminum racks as OXO does.
OXO’s goal is pretty simple, to “make every day better”; they’re constantly improving in terms of functionality, utility, and design. All of their products have a touch of elegance, which enhances the overall user experience. The OXO Good Grips Rustproof Aluminum Dish Rack is no different, it has everything you’d expect in a modern kitchen appliance. It’s a great option if you want a rack that’s rustproof and long-lasting as well as modern and stylish!
- Measures 3 x 14.3 inches and perfect for standard 24 inches or larger countertops.
- Weighs only 8 pounds
- Open design allows for large items or stacking.
- Features unique plate holders that hold plates and bowl upright
- Has a removable and adjustable drainer tray
- The divided utensil cup can be removed to make space for large pans and dishware.
- The rack also has non-slip feet that provide stability on all kinds of surfaces
2. Premium Racks Professional Dish Rack
If functionality and convenience of use are among your top priorities, then the Premium Professional Dish Rack might be the best pick for you. This multi-functional rack is made of high-quality stainless steel. It has an extremely customizable and flexible design that allows users to store different sets of utensils.
Instead of jamming the kitchen counter, the rack’s intelligently designed to use vertical space. This way, it can store more kitchenwares while taking up less area on the countertop. The steel used is strong and corrosion-free and provides very good support and stability even when the rack is carrying full weight.
- Measures 5 x 13.9 x 6 inches and weighs 4.41 Pounds.
- Made of high-quality SUS304 military-grade stainless steel
- Highly customizable
- The plate rack is positioned high above on a separate row, leaving the bottom layer free for pans and bowls.
- Comes with side drainboards that can be attached under the glass holders
- Built to be strong and sturdy
3. OXO Good Grips Convertible Foldaway Dish Rack
Here’s another modern and sturdy countertop rack from OXO. You can never complain about their design. Each rack they make is different in terms of both style and functionality.
This Convertible rack is made with plastic and rustproof stainless steel. Its versatile design makes it a good fit for any modern kitchen. You can fold the plate holder rack to make room for bowls and other utensils. Each of the sides is equipped with a utensil holder and several glass holders, which can hold a lot of glassware and cutlery. Besides, the sidewalls, legs, and spout can be folded for compact storage.
- Weighs approximately 5 pounds
- Made from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel.
- The tines hold cups, mugs, or wine glasses inside the rack to prevent dripping on the counter
- Has water spout on one side to drip directly into the sink.
- The rack’s plate holder rack can be folded to make room for the biggest of cookware
- The divided utensil holders are capable of storing a huge number of silverware
4. Joseph Joseph Stainless-Steel Extendable Dish Rack
This classy-looking rack is from Joseph Joseph, a company renowned for its simple yet functional designs. The rack is made of rustproof stainless steel and plastic. Its half-split body can be extended to make room when necessary, or you can keep it contracted if you aren’t using it and have limited cabinet space.
One portion of the split body is generously equipped with holder racks where you can put all your dishes, cups, and mugs. The other half, when expanded, makes space for your pans and pots. The draining spout has three different positions so that it can be moved to the sides depending on your counter setup. All the metallic parts have been made to be non-scratching, so it won’t damage the counter or delicate dishware.
- Weighs approximately 8 pounds.
- The extendable bodycan make room for larger cookware.
- The rack sports a large number of holder racks, which can hold a lot of dishware and glassware.
- The adjustable draining spoutcan be moved to the sides according to your needs.
- Has a movable cutlery holder, which can be removed or moved to free up space when you need it.
5. Sabatier 5199813 Expandable Stainless Steel Dish Rack
Another expandable dish rack, this one’s from Sabatier. This rack has a space saver design that features an expandable drainboard; it can expand to increase the rack’s capacity. Its expandable design is great for drying large stock pots, glasses, bulky bowls, large platters, etc. And its compact footprint doesn’t take up counter space when you don’t want it to!
The rack is manufactured from high-grade stainless steel, so you can expect it to last a few good years without rusting. Though the expandable rack from Joseph Joseph (the one we reviewed earlier) is a cheaper option than this, this one’s surely better looking. Besides, it has a higher storage capacity than most other countertop racks.
- Features 8 slots for plates, 1 extra wide slot for a frying pan, 6 cup tines, and a removable flatware caddy.
- The drainboard can expand from 18.5 to 29.4 inches, making it a good choice for storing large pans and dishes.
- The drainboard also features a bi-directional spout for draining water into the sink from both sides.
- The pull-out drip catcher will keep the counter dry and drip-free.
- Its soft, non-slip feet will keep the dish rack in place and protect countertops from scratches.
- The drainboard is dishwasher-safe, but other components require hand-washing.
6. Nex Over The Sink Stainless Steel Dish Rack
Last but not the least, is the 2-tier dish rack from NEX. We sought to include at least one rustproof rack from each distinct category of dish racks. And this one is our choice if you’re looking for an over-the-sink rack. One of the best over the sink dish racks out there, it has a very simple and effective design that will complement any type of kitchen.
Made out of 304 stainless steel, this massive unit has a large number of slots, racks, etc. to store all your dishes without hassle. Its sturdy and stable design can hold as much as 40 pounds of weight. And Its adjustable length allows it to fit perfectly even on larger sinks.
Although similar to the HEOMU 2-Tier Dish Rack, this one is more durable and comes with a 1-year warranty from NEX.
- Crafted out of premium 304 Stainless Steel preventing your dish rack from rust and providing durability
- Can store various sizes of utensils, dishes, pots, chopping boards, etc
- The rack has a multifunctional cutting board rack and compartment trays
- 6 movable steel hooks can hold your spoons and spatulas
- The chopstick holder has a drain tray underneath that prevents water droplets from reaching the countertop.
- The pipes of the four legs are very stout; it’s very stable and can hold a good amount of weight.
To create this list, we basically pulled racks from all other categories and ranked them in terms of durability and rust resistance. We hope you found a good match for your kitchen or at least understood what you need to find.