If you are trying to cut or trim the paper with improperly working paper cutters or with scissors, you already know how frustrating it can be. You will not get precise cuts in a straight line, and all you would have done is expend a lot of energy and time to complete something that can be done in a jiffy with paper cutters.
Paper cutters are primarily trimmers that cut paper with precision. They are available in a wide choice of models, shapes, sizes, and prices, but they all have one thing in common – they have a ruler in centimeters or inches to measure the size that you want and a sharp blade that assists in fast and accurate cutting.
Paper cutters are invaluable tools in schools, offices, studios, workshops, and even homes, but the key is to find the right one for your needs. If you tend to process a large volume of paper on a regular basis, it is imperative that you research and shortlist the paper cutter so that you can make an informed decision.
Thankfully, you do not have to spend time researching different paper trimmers and getting overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information that is available. Instead, you can depend on this review and buyer’s guide to help you out. Here, you will be able to find out about the paper cutter that is available online and also learn more about choosing the right cutter so that you can make the entire process of cutting and trimming large quantities of paper into a simple and effortless process.
You will be able to save time and ensure that you cut paper to your desired size without wasting too much time. What more could you ask for, especially if you are a teacher, secretary, photographer, or office worker?
Here Is The List of The Top 10 Best Paper Cutters
Are you in a hurry? Do you need a quick suggestion because you can’t go through the entire detailed review? Let’s look at the top 10 paper cutters. I have a detailed discussion below this article, so you may hesitation to choose a good paper cutter, At last, I have done a very shortlist. you can choose the needed paper cutter from this list.
- Bypass Paper Trimmer
- Craft Paper Trimmer
- Rotary Paper Cutter
- Blusmart Multiple Function A3 Laminator
- Heavy-Duty Paper Cutter
- Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Swingline Paper Trimmer
- Fiskars Portable Trimmer
- Firbon A4 Paper Cutter
- Vantage Paper Trimmer
Now that you know the most recommended paper cutters, let’s get on with the detailed review.
Which are The Top Paper Cutters Brands on the Market?
When you want to find the perfect paper cutter, it can be overwhelming to choose one. There are so many brands flooding the market that choosing one can be confusing. However, here are some of the top paper cutter brands that you should know.
Fiskars is renowned for its innovative designs and a majority of its paper cutters are made from recycled resin. You can get both rotary and guillotine paper cutters. This brand offers mid to low range paper cutters that are durable and long-lasting. The cutters are renowned for their precision and outstanding results.
Swingline is another best paper cutter brand that is well-known for its superior quality. The brand produces high-quality products that are perfect for demanding customers. The cutters come with user-friendly designs and boast a clean and neat finish. Swingline paper cutters and trimmers are more expensive than most other brands, but you can be certain of their performance and longevity. These cutters are perfect for high volume cutting and trimming.
Firbon makes art products and paper cutters are part of its product portfolio. However, not all Firbon products qualify as quality products. This said you should feel that paper cutters from this brand are substandard. On the contrary, it offers quality at pocket-friendly prices.
You will find that Firbon excels in portable and versatile paper cutters and some of the best rotary cutters come from this brand. They are simple yet functional, making them the right choice for small and simple projects.
- Self-sharpening bypass and heavy-duty blade
- Designed with an in-built paper stop which helps you make repetitive cuts quickly
- Aluminum cutting facade improves the visibility of the scale for precise measurements
- 1/16 “gridlines provide additional guidance for accurate measurements
- The safety guard keeps fingers away from the exposed blade
- Integrated carry handle provides portability
- 12″ cutting length
The Bypass Paper Trimmer is a heavy-duty trimmer that is ideal for cutting fliers, invitations, handouts, or any other things made from heavy paper.
It comes with a self-sharpening blade and that means you never have to worry about blunt blades or replacing them. It is equipped with a blade locking mechanism for safety. You will also benefit from the finger guard that this trimmer has.
It has the capacity to cut up to 10 sheets at one go, allowing you to make fast work of any paper cutting job. The trimmer comes with a paper clamp that keeps the sheets in position as you cut it. The 100% recycled post-consumer resin base allows you to minimize your carbon footprint, and it has rubber feet that are anti-skid. So, you do not have to worry about the base shifting when you are cutting or trimming paper.
The trimmer comes with a scale and grid lines that enable you to evenly align the paper and ensure every single lot is cut to the right measurement and in a uniform manner.
You may find it quite surprising that this paper cutter is lightweight and compact. It can easily be stored and carried around without too much difficulty. However, this lightweight may also be a disadvantage when you push down on the blade – it could cause the base to move or papers to shift out of position.
- Precise and accurate
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with a grid for paper alignment
- Self-sharpening blade
- Skid-proof rubber feet
- Base made from recycled post-consumer resin
- Blade locking mechanism for optimal safety
- Comes with a finger guard
- The lightweight base can cause it to move when exerting force
- Sometimes, the blade does not cut straight or cause uneven cuts but it can be avoided with proper paper alignment
If you are a hobbyist, you will love the Craft’s best Paper Trimmer. It is one of the active paper cutters for crafting materials, such as photos, scrapbook papers, paper, dividers, inserts, and other specialty materials. It comes with a wide base of about 6-1/4-inch, and this makes card cutting a breeze. It has a swing-out arm to extend the measuring deck, allowing you to cut longer than standard-sized paper.
This trimmer comes with the Sure Cut wire cut-line mark that allows you to see precisely where the blade will cut. Hence, it ensures accuracy and precision. It comes with a ruler that is easy to read, and there are pre-set sizes on the ruler and grid that you can use as a guideline to cut.
The trimmer has a slight learning curve in the initial stages as you will have to take care when you cut the length and width of the paper, but once you get used to the trimmer, it makes cutting a simple and effortless task.
You do not have to worry about the titanium carbide-coated blade, as it is very sharp and does not require sharpening for a long time to come. However, if you do notice the blade getting a bit dull, cutting tinfoil will help to sharpen the blade and keep it in fine working order.
The base is steady and comes with an interlocking blade and rail for straight and precise cuts. And, the accompanying lifetime warranty makes it a worthwhile investment.
- Great for craft paper and specialty materials
- Ergonomic grip
- Lightweight and portable
- SureCut line indicator to track where the blade will cut
- Lifetime warranty
- Sharp and long-lasting blade
- The blade can dull with constant use
- Can be tough to pull out the swing-out arm
- A storage compartment for slides and an additional mat.
- Replacement cutting mat,
- Straight blade
- Perforation blade
- 36 blade rotary cutter with hard metal blade,
- The patented rail system,
- Calibrated metal base plate,
- Adjustable guide for magnetic cards
- Cut up to 36 sheets of 20 lb plain paper.
- 18-inch rotary haircut.
The CARL Heavy Duty Rotary Trimmer is the most hardworking paper trimmer among the others. Its heavy-duty feature will allow you to cut 36 sheets of standard 20 pounds paper at one go! Its patented locking rail system will let you hold the papers in a place without moving whereas the premium material blade cuts through the paper sheets like a breeze.
If you are seeking precise measuring and cutting from your best rotary paper trimmer, you cannot go wrong with this durable and sturdy Rotary Paper Cutter that is made by a renowned brand – Carl. It has a heavy base that is made from metal and this helps to keep it steady even while cutting delicate paper. There is no worry about the base shifting or moving when you are cutting paper.
It comes with a precise measuring grid that allows you to trim and cut the paper according to your specifications. You do not need rulers or any other device to measure. The carbide blade is sharp and easily cuts up to 36 sheets of paper in one go. The blade slices paper with ease, leaving sharp and distinct edges, without causing weirdly-shaped cuts on the sheet.
The rail system that this rotary cutter has is patented and it comes with a locking mechanism that lets you secure the paper in a tight manner so that the sheets do not move around when you are cutting. You also get a limited lifetime warranty and hence, there is no reason to worry about the cutter falling apart with constant use.
Of course, the warranty does not extend to the cutting mat and blades, but that should not worry you too much as both are durable and long-lasting.
- Can cut up to 36 sheets of paper at one time
- Comes with a patented locking mechanism that keeps paper secure while cutting
- Has a limited lifetime warranty
- Blade made from durable and long-lasting carbide
- Has a grid system for accurate measurements
- Sometimes the cuts are not straight on the paper and you may notice that they are slightly curved
- Sometimes, the sheet holder can come in the way of cutting
In case you want more out of your best paper trimmer, you should take a closer look at the 13 inches, Laminator, Blusmart Multiple Function A3 Laminator. It is perfect for home, office, and school use. Besides being able to laminate A4, A5, and A6 paper, it is also a precise and accurate paper trimmer that lets you get rid of extra lamination plastic without disturbing the seal on all four sides.
It comes with 25 laminating pouches that allow you to laminate important documents and papers. It takes about three to five minutes to warm up before you can begin the hot lamination process. There is no waiting time if you want to take advantage of cold lamination. The laminator has an ABS button that helps to remove paper jams with ease. You can laminate letters, legal papers, business cards, photographs, and flashcards. This laminator has a built-in trimmer that is quite effective.
There are grid lines for accurate measurements and ensure you do precise cuts. The rotary blade is surprisingly sharp and can cut the edges of the items you laminate with accuracy. However, you may have to exert a little bit of pressure while cutting to ensure that the cuts are even and uniform.
If you are looking for rounded edges, you can use the round corner cutter that is tucked away at the rear of the laminator. It is simple and easy to use.
- Can use it for hot or cold lamination
- Comes with a built-in trimmer
- Has a corner rounder
- Trimmer has a scale and gridlines for precision
- You can cut just one laminated sheet at a time, so it is slow progress
- Lamination is a slow process and not meant for people who are in a rush
- The one-button locking design locks the blade in place for safe and efficient cutting.
- Easy access button for quick blade change without the need for additional tools.
- Accepts all standard size blades.
- Folds easily and fits in your pocket for quick recovery.
- Made of high-quality anodized aluminum and stainless steel, resistant, light, and rusty.
- The non-slip ergonomic handle provides a secure grip and is comfortable to hold for a long time.
- The stainless steel clip allows you to take it everywhere with you.
- It weighs only 4.8 ounces.
- Once opened, the knife measures 6.6 inches and closes at 4.3 inches.
Sometimes, you may not need a full-fledged paper cutter with grids and rulers. Under such circumstances, you should not shy away from investing in the Heavy-Duty Paper Cutter. This is a folding utility knife that also doubles up as a paper cutter to cut through boxes and other heavy-duty paper materials.
It comes with an anti-slip and ergonomic grip that allows you to cut through cartons, wallpaper, boxes, carpets and many other things with relative ease. It is sleek and lightweight. The cutter is made from long-lasting anodized aluminum, so you do not have to worry about rusting and corrosion. The handle can also be used as a pocket clip or money clip.
The blade of the knife is made from heavy-duty carbon steel, so you can rest assured knowing that it is strong and sharp. It does not get blunt with repeated use. You can fold the blade with a simple press of a button and it has a locking mechanism that keeps the blade in place when you are using it.
You can easily change the blade, as this paper cutter uses a standard-size utility blade. The blade-changing process is quick and hassle-free. It comes with five replacement blades as well as a knife holster to carry the cutter with you while you are working or tinkering in your office, workshop, or anywhere else.
- Made from premium-quality aluminum
- Lightweight yet durable and long-lasting
- Lock design locks the blade for added safety
- Blade made from carbon steel
- Blade made from carbon steel
- Easy to change the blade with a press of a button
- It is expensive considering this cutter is a utility knife
- The blade-changing button may malfunction, thereby not allowing you to change the blade
- Faster cutting process; thanks to the guillotine design
- Secure cut with protective guard rail and blade latch hook
- Small and light 12-inch design that promotes portability.
- The classic design with gray and green colors makes it perfect for different environments.
- Sharp, durable steel blade that cuts up to 10 sheets of paper simultaneously
This best guillotine paper cutter is manufactured and marketed by Swingline, so you can rest assured knowing that it will cut any paper you want. It is competitively priced and easy to use, making it the preferred paper cutter for many. The base is made from plastic, making the paper cutter lightweight. So, you can easily carry it to work or anywhere else with ease. It is the use of plastic that has allowed Swingline to price this paper cutter affordably.
However, you need not worry that because it is plastic, the quality is substandard. On the contrary, this paper cutter is quite sturdy and can take a lot of abuse without showing any signs of damage. It has made it to the list of paper cutters because it gets the job done. It has a grid on the base that you can use to follow and cut the paper according to your specifications. It even has a ruler that is marked in centimeters and inches for your convenience.
Just remember that if you want to make multiple cuts on different sides of the paper, it will be necessary to flip the paper. Don’t worry, it is not complicated. This paper trimmer can cut up to 10 sheets of paper simultaneously and it does not with ease.
- Lightweight and portable
- Made from plastic that boasts a tough construction
- It can cut up to 10 sheets at the same time
- Locking mechanism to keep the blade locked when you are not using the paper cutter
- The paper cutter comes with a 10-year limited warranty
- Guard rail to prevent the fingers from coming in contact with the blade
- With constant use and over a period of time, the grid and handle get misaligned
- The safety lock gets loose after constant use
The Swingline Paper Trimmer is the most common choice for common trimming tasks. You can use it in your office aside from home. Its cutter has a length of 15 inches. So, it can cut through any sheet of paper easily.
It can cut 10 sheets at a time, which makes it perfect for everyday use. The alignment grid, dual scale ruler, everything included, ensures precise cutting. Moreover, its guard rail feature will protect you from any unforeseen experiences.
In case you are scouring the internet for the paper cutter for a guillotine cutter, Swingline Paper Trimmer is perfect for you. It is sturdy and can be used with relative ease in an office or at home. It comes with a guillotine-like blade that can easily cut through thick and heavy-duty paper with ease.
The base is made from plastic that is durable and long-lasting. It also makes the paper cutter lightweight and portable. You will also notice that the base has a grooved grid that allows you to mark where you want to cut. The top portion has the imperial ruler, while the metric ruler is in the middle of the base.
The cutter has a cut length of 15 inches and in one round, you can cut or trim up to 10 sheets. The guillotine-style blade is sharp and what makes this Swingline paper cutter one of the best is the numerous safety features. The blade is completely enveloped in a plastic cover, with just the cutting edge exposed.
It has a guard rail that protects your fingers, and then there is the safety latch that allows you to lock the blade when you are not using the cutter. The blade is self-sharpening, so you never have to worry about replacing it anytime soon. It is sharp enough to cut large volumes of paper quickly and efficiently.
The cutter can cut through construction paper, cardstock and photographs with ease, making it the right choice for anyone who is looking to buy a paper cutter right away.
- Solid construction
- Lightweight and portable
- Can cut up to 10 sheets in one go
- Can cut up to 10 sheets in one go
- Has numerous safety features to keep users safe
- Has a cutting length of 15 inches
- Has a dual scale and alignment grid for accuracy and precision
- Not the ideal paper cutter for large
- The small and portable design includes one of the most practical cutters on the market.
- An excellent gauge of SureCut wire and TripleTrack system for exact cuts
- Perfect for small applications such as cutting coupons, photos, office paper, and more.
- Titanium blade with triple cut coated with hard metal improves efficiency and durability.
- The printed scale, the ergonomic handle, and carriage, and the rubber feet increase the cutting precision.
This paper trimmer is the perfect choice for buyers looking for convenience. For one, it is lightweight and portable. So, you can carry it to school or office without any hassle. It comes with a compact design and hence, it does not require too much space. You can set it up in a limited space and use it when the need arises.
Fiskars Portable Trimmer can make cuts of 12 inches and is ideal for cutting coupons, office paper, and photographs, among other things. At one go, it can cut up to seven sheets at the same time. It comes with the SureCut line indicator that lets you see where the blade of the cutter will cut. It comes with a swing-out arm for measuring and marking.
This paper cutter comes with Fiskars’ TripleTrack System that interlocks the trimmer’s rail and the blade. As a result, when you are cutting paper, you can be assured of its precision and accuracy. You will always get straight cuts, without the paper slipping or the cuts getting curved and jagged.
The paper cutter has an ergonomic design that lets you take up large projects without getting fatigued, but to be on the safe side, it is best to use this paper trimmer for small and simple projects.
- Compact and lightweight
- Ergonomic design for comfortable use
- The paper clamp helps to keep the paper in place while cutting and trimming
- Triple track System ensures that you get straight cuts without any curves or wobbling
- Precise and accurate
- SureCut line indicate gets warped with time
- The plastic shield around the blade is not fitted tightly, and this could cause it to fly off
- Since it is lightweight, the paper cutter can slide during use
- Small and lightweight design increases overall portability and comfort
- Plastic construction produces one of the most reliable but easy to use.
- Precise cut with an excellent tracking and measurement system of values, centimeters, and angles
- Perfect for small operations, such as cutting photos, sheets of paper, and cards.
- Stable performance with black seal and rubber feet.
The Firbon A4 Paper Cutter is a versatile paper cutter that you can use at home, school or office. It can be used for craft projects or making greetings or invitation cards. The blade is spring-loaded, and this helps the paper cutter to make straight and clean cuts. You will not notice drag marks on the paper.
The blade is durable and long-lasting. However, with constant use, the blade tends to get blunt. Under such circumstances, you can use the replacement blades that Firbon makes. It is easy to replace the blade.
The base is made from plastic, making it lightweight and portable. The construction of the cutter is solid, so there is no worry about its durability. You can use it to cut A3, A4, and A5 paper as well as laminated paper that is not more than 1.5mm thick, photos and cards. While you can simultaneously cut up to 12 sheets of paper, it is advisable to cut fewer to help the blade last longer.
The base has grid lines and a ruler. The measuring plate measures angle from 45 degrees to 90 degrees, and this helps you get the angle right while cutting and trimming. The scale is in centimeters and inches, so you can use the measurements you want. It has a swing-out arm to extend the base for bigger paper and markings.
- The paper cutter is designed for precision cutting
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around
- The blade is replaceable and easy to replace
- Can be used to cut all types of paper and materials, including laminated cardstock, standard paper, sticker paper, and presentation paper
- The measurement on the swing-out arm is marginally off
- It May is not the best cutter for premium-quality cardstock
- Machine table blade ensures a sharp edge and consistent cutting results
- Automatic gripper maintains work safety and prevents uneven cuts
- The tension spring automatically lifts the blade and prevents it from falling
- A robust metal base provides a solid base for cutting
- Cut up to 15 sheets of paper at a time.
Dahle 18E Vantage Paper Trimmer is famous for its automatic features. Its automatic clamp holds down the sheets of paper tightly so that there won’t be any uneven cutting. There is a strong metal base which works as a solid foundation at the time of cutting papers.
This automatic paper cutter can cut up to 15 sheets of paper in a single go! After cutting the papers, the tension spring under the paper cutter, lifts the cutter automatically and resists it from falling down. Thus, it resists any unnecessary accidents before or after cutting paper.
The best Vantage Paper Trimmer from Dahle perfectly blends precision and a simple design to present an accurate paper cutter. It offers a cutting length of up to 18 inches, so this means that the board is big and broad. While the base is chunky, you can do nearly all types of cutting jobs with this paper trimmer.
You can cut up to 15 sheets simultaneously. It comes with a spring action blade that means you will have to operate the handle. You may feel this is cumbersome, but when you start using it, you will find this manual process quite soothing and relaxing! However, it also keeps you safe, as the blade will not fall down when it is in a raised position.
The base is made from metal, so it is not a lightweight paper cutter. Also, there is minimal risk of damage or erosion with constant use. You do not have to worry about the base sliding and moving while you are cutting or trimming. It is equipped with rubber feet that prevent the base from moving around. It also features screened inches, centimeters, and angled guides that you can use to ensure straight and precise cuts.
A notable feature of this paper cutter is that it comes with an automatic clamp that exerts pressure on the paper and keeps them aligned to ensure a straight cut. The handle can be locked when you are not using the cutter for safety.
- Solid metal construction
- Safety lock to keep the blade locked when not in use
- Blade uses spring action
- The base has grid lines that guide the cutting
- Rubber feet to prevent sliding on slippery surfaces
- Automatic clamp to secure paper while cutting
- The paper clamp and blade can sometimes get misaligned
- Not portable due to its heavy metal base
Different Types of Paper Cutters
It is essential that you learn more about different types of paper cutters as this will enable you to choose the right one for your needs. So, without much ado, here are the different types of cutters you can get in the market:
Most paper cutters can be used as a photo cutter, but there are specially designed cutters for this purpose. So, if you are a hobby or professional photographer, you should look for a photo cutter for precise and accurate cuts.
Economic Paper Cutter
This is a low-end paper cutter that comes with a wooden base and a metal arm housing the blade. You will mostly find such a cutter in schools or churches where the economy of scales matters. You can use this cutter for occasional cutting and a majority can cut up to 10 sheets in one go.
Arm Paper Cutter
The arm paper cutter looks similar to an economic paper cutter. The difference is that this paper cutter is designed for frequent use. You can cut and trim up to 50 sheets of paper simultaneously.
Rotary Paper Cutter
The rotary paper cutter is the perfect choice for anyone who is looking for precision and accuracy while cutting the paper. The blade is round in this paper cutter and you have to slide it down a bar to cut or trim. It is a simple and useful tool to have for small or large projects.
When you are looking for a heavy-duty paper cutter, you should always choose a guillotine paper cutter. It can cut large stacks of paper with relative ease. You can get manual and automatic guillotine cutters in the market.
Corner Paper Cutter
Similar to guillotine paper cutters, this one is designed to smooth and round the corners to give the cut paper an aesthetically pleasing look and feel.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Paper Cutters
There are several things that you need to think and consider before you start shortlisting the paper cutter in the market. While online customer reviews matter, there are other factors to consider. Some of them are highlighted below:
How You Intend Using the Paper Cutter
Before buying a paper cutter, determine how you intend to use it. After all, a paper cutter can be used to cut other things besides paper. For instance, if you want to trim the paper to make cards, it is best to invest in a paper trimmer. On the other hand, if you want to cut large quantities of paper, you need to opt for a heavy-duty paper cutter.
What Size of Paper Do You Intend to Cut?
The best paper cutter is designed to cut different-sized papers. So, once you know the size and thickness of the paper you need to cut, you can opt for a full paper cutter or a paper trimmer. Remember, not all paper cutters are designed to cut thick papers.
The Sharpness of the Blade
Make sure you check the sharpness of the blade as a dull blade can ruin the edges of the paper, leaving them ruined and ragged. Always select a brand that uses the best quality blades that are self-sharpening. Or, opt for a brand where you can easily change the blade if it gets dull and blunt.
Remember, if you are going to use a paper cutter occasionally, do not invest in a heavy-duty cutter. A basic cutter will suffice. On the other hand, if you have a long-term project or you require paper cutting for your business, never compromise the quality and brand. Opt for the best paper cutter brand that comes with safety features, a sharp blade, and an easy-to-use cutting mechanism.
How to Use Paper Cutters?
When you first see a paper cutter, it can be an intimidating sight. You may feel that you are not equipped to use it. However, this simple tutorial will teach you how to use paper cutters efficiently and safely so that you do not ruin your project.
Here are the steps you need to follow to use a paper cutter:
- Place the paper cutter on a flat and level surface that you can reach easily without having to stretch your arms
- Take stock of the number of sheets you want to cut. If your cutter cannot accommodate all the sheets in one go, divide them into smaller piles so that you do not fray the ends during the cutting process
- Place the paper on the cutting paper and use the rulers and grid lines to align the paper. It will help you see how much to cut and where
- Depending on the type of paper cutter you are using, you may have to bring the cutting arm down on the paper or move the blade
- After cutting, remove the cut paper and take out any scrap from the cutter or at the side of the cutter
- Follow the same process for the next pile until you finish cutting all the paper you need
- Remember not to place your fingers or clothes near the cutting blade. Always use the safety mechanism to lock the blade when you are not using the paper cutter.
- After you finish using the paper cutter, lock the blade with the safety mechanism and put it away to prevent any accident
- To ensure the longevity of your paper cutter, keep the blade clean with the help of a damp towel
- Do not use a paper cutter to cut paper with wet glue or paint
- If the paper cutter does not have a self-sharpening blade, either replace the blade with a new one or get a professional blade sharper to sharpen the blunt blade for you
Choosing the Right Best Paper Trimmer for Your Needs
Now that you’ve seen some of the best paper trimmers on the market, it’s time to figure out how to choose the right one. Here I address each of the critical factors to consider before purchasing a paper cutter.
Each paper cutter or paper trimmer comes with a preset size in centimeters. It could go from 10 to 20 centimeters. The regular size is the 12-inch, which is huge enough for most cutting tasks, as well as A4 to B5 paper sizes and at different angles, as needed.
I recommend that you choose a letter opener at least 12 inches to 15 inches for more personal use. If you need a cutter for a larger industrial operation, look for larger and larger options.
A cutting blade can have two different models: guillotine and rotating / sliding blade. Both are good and effective but work for different things.
Scales And Measurements
From metric measurements to inches, angles, and even paper sizes and more, you can choose the perfect cutter for this. Different qualities and characteristics of analysis will change your cutting experience, especially when you have to follow a specific cutting pattern.
There are many safety features that a cutter can offer, from a transparent surface that provides greater visibility when cutting to a guillotine locking hatch and even a pressure-activated blade.
Although not as important as other factors, the materials used on the surface and other parts of the cutter can have a significant impact on service life, comfort, and reliability.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Choosing the right product does not just mean having all the factors at hand or knowing several products at the same time.
It’s also about being aware of the different secrets and ignored things about the paper cutter. Here are some common questions and secrets that people should know before buying:
What Is A Paper Cutter/Trimmer?
A paper cutter is a guillotine-like instrument that can be found in classrooms, photo studios, and offices. Its main task is to cut through paper with great precision.
These cutters are available in a wide variety of models and sizes; they are delivered with a ruler in centimeters or inches, as well as measurements for different paper sizes (A4, A1, etc.).
What is a rotary paper cutter?
Answer: The Rotary paper cutter usually has a round blade and a plastic head for safety measures. The edge fits into the metal sliding bar. The specialty of a rotary paper cutter is; it can perfectly cut straight books.
Photographic images are cut by rotating the paper cutouts. Therefore, this type of letter opener is widely used by photographers, advertising agencies, paper mills, and the like. You can also use them for notebooks or photo albums.
Can paper cutter blades be sharpened?
Answer: Yes, and there is a quick tip. No sharp object is needed to sharpen the paper, cutting blades. When the blades are blind, simply cut several sheets of aluminum. Your blade will regain its sharpness.
Can a paper cutter cut through fabrics?
Answer: Not all paper cutters can cut fabrics. Paper cutters can cut different types of objects, including paper. If you need an alternative to cut your fabric in a straight line, a rotary paper cutter can be used.
What are paper cutters called?
Paper cutters are also known as paper guillotine or you can say guillotine only. Usually, paper cutters are mandatory tools for school and office paper cutting work.
Who invented a paper cutter?
Milton Bradley is known as an inventor of paper cutters.
How do you cut straight with a paper cutter?
Well, it’s quite easy to cut straight with a paper cutter. Let’s discuss this easy process in a few steps:
Firstly, you have to free the base of the paper cutter from all the mess. Then, take a piece of paper and measure according to your requirement with the help of a measuring scale.
In the next step, place the paper on the base of the paper cutter with accurate measurement. Now, push the blade. The edges of the paper should meet the measuring line. This will help you to cut the paper straight.
Whether you are an artist, professional, student, office worker, teacher, hobbyist, or photographer, a paper cutter can be a vital tool to have. It can help you work faster and efficiently by ensuring you can cut paper precisely and accurately. Such a paper cutter will make a cutting task quick and effortless and you never have to worry about ruining your project or task.
When you are looking for the paper cutters, always opt for a cutter that has a solid base, safety features, and a sharp blade. However, you should take into account the aim of buying the cutter, the frequency of use, and the safety features. This will enable you to choose wisely.
In case you cannot decide which is the perfect paper cutter for your needs, just check out the 10 products I have reviewed here. These reviews will help you weigh the pros and cons of each paper cutter, understand the features of each paper cutter, and then make a choice.
Remember, knowledge is power and the more time you spend understanding the different types of paper cutters, the better you will be positioned to decide which paper cutter is most suited for the task you have in mind.